Sunday, July 13

Drawing Portraits: pencil

A long time ago (ok, that was about two months ago), I told myself that I want to start drawing portraits again. Not that I was good to begin with, but I do need to start somewhere.

In need of inspiration, I asked some of my family members for some suggestions on who to draw. And I got a request for Harry Judd from Mcfly by my 3rd sister, a request for Captain America from BG, and a Benedict Cumberbatch from my bf. Inspired, and also not wanting to let anyone down, so I began my journey!

My first drawing, the one I attempted of Harry Judd, looks NOTHING LIKE HIM:



But it inspired me nonetheless, and I created two more drawings.

WIP : Captain America
So I didn't complete the Captain America. Or should I say, I haven't. In fact, the Cumberbatch sat around for two months before I finally got around to finishing it. And I am glad I did. Here are the end results:

I used pencils in H, 2B, 4B, 6B and a white gel pen for highlights.

WIP: Benedict Cumberbatch.
This sat around my desk, haunting me for two months.
It was only much later did I realise that his neck was much
too thin, and his eyes were too big. So two months later,
it was like working on a brand new drawing.




I know it looks kind of brown here.. I haven't
mastered photoshopping skills yet. Haha!
Used a Pentel white gel pen to add the highlights in the eyes.
I am going to keep drawing, yes I am!


No comments :

Post a Comment