Friday, July 18

Color Pencils

So I eventually caved in and bought Prismacolors because I have seen what they can do, and I read how wonderful they are. I used to used Faber Castell color pencils (the kind you can just get at Popular bookstore for really cheap) because I have always believed that well. As cliche as it sounds, it's the artist that matters more than the tools he uses.

But hey, this was when I had the money to splurge. In the end, I got these off Amazon:




Left to Right: Prismacolor softcore color pencils (48), Sharpener, Prismacolor Portrait colored pencils (24),
Prismacolor Verithin (12), Prismacolor Colorless blender

This is what it looks like inside:



These are the portrait colors.
HAHA. Luckily I bought the sharpener eh.
Well. I have spent a lifetime justifying my purchases.
Why stop now?

Naturally, the first thing to do is to try it on a self-portrait. Hey, if you're gonna screw something up, let it be your own face, right? Haha. I jest. Seriously, though, I fear trying it on other people until I am certain I can do a somewhat reasonable job. So yes. It's not my best or most accurate work, but I was so eager to try the colored pencils I didn't care.





The colors blend really nice and smoothly together, and I was able to go over it with layers. 

I drew on a small notebook for my boyfriend, and I guess I really should have left it in pencil. But y'know. New stuff. Itchy fingers.


 I really should have left it in pencil. The proportions and everything were not too bad. But nooooo. I had had HAD to use the colored pencils. The result:

I know, I know. I was regretting as I colored over the pencil. Everything was getting dark and smudgy. But ohwell. You live and you learn. The boyfriend loved it all the same. Hooray!

Let me know what you think! 

No comments :

Post a Comment